Group Manager - Telopea Downs
Location: Telopea Downs
Job type: Full-Time, Permanent
Applications close: 31st January, 2022
The McBride family acquired Telopea Downs in 2018, returning it to a 100% Australian ownership. Situated near the SA border, north of the western highway, at 47,660ha, it is one of the largest properties in Victoria formed by the aggregation of 11 properties. The core enterprise is a 110,000DSE merino wool flock, with complimentary enterprises including a beef herd; terminal lamb flock; and cropping of cereals, oilseeds, and pulses.
Over the past 4 years, we have been reviewing the capacity of the property and the direction we will take the business to produce the optimum returns on investment. We are now ready to take this property to the next level and look to appoint a Group Manager, who will lead the way.
The Group Manager will focus on the greater strategic direction of Telopea Downs and provide leadership to the team of approximately 18 staff. The Group Manager will be required to develop an overall property strategy, in consultation with the Operations Manager and Board; manage resources; and together with the operational team, provide the cultural and operational leadership to ensure its execution.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive commercial farming experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management /leadership role.
- Experience in livestock management and driving performance within intensive grazing systems. Experience in a commercial cropping environment would be highly regarded.
- Proven ability in planning, organising and executing farming programs to meet overall strategic direction.
- Demonstrated strong leadership including delegation, team building and coaching skills with the ability to motivate people and assess and develop employee skills.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Experience in producing operational and financial reports to the Board, Operations Manager and CFO.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills across all levels.
- The use of technological advancements to drive efficiencies.
- Commitment to a culture where policies and procedures prioritise worker health and safety.
The ideal candidate will have post-secondary qualifications in Agribusiness or Agriculture, or equivalent experience complemented by a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level along with Telopea Downs, we want to hear from you.
For further information, please direct your queries to Aida Ashworth, HR Business Support at email@example.com or on 08 82721612.