Station Hand (casual)
Job type: Full-time
We are looking for a someone, who lives locally, and is looking for a flexible working arrangement. This is a casual position, where work will be offered when available, around business needs.
A Station Hand on Ashmore Station performs the day-to-day tasks of:
- General property and plant maintenance
- Movement of stock
- Assisting with lamb marking, crutching and shearing
- Animal husbandry
A successful applicant will be able to:
- work both independently and as part of a team
- follow instructions and complete tasks as assigned
- demonstrate good communication and time management skills
- be self-motivated and reliable
- demonstrate a keen interest in livestock and general farm operations
- commit to safe work practices and the highest animal welfare standards
While we are keen to hear from all Station Hands, those with previous livestock experience, will be looked upon favourably. Previous experience in riding 2-wheeled motorbikes on properties, and having own working dogs is also preferred but not essential.
If you are keen to work at Ashmore Station, please submit your resume and cover letter and we'll be in touch!
Positions are not suitable for those looking to extend working holidays visas or requiring sponsorship. You must have ongoing rights to work in Australia to be considered for this position.