Job type: Full-Time
At close to 7,400Ha, Ashmore is situated on the Princes Highway, 7km from the seaside town of Kingston SE. The property currently runs a merino flock joining 16,000 ewes and an Angus herd joining 1800 cows.
We are now seeking a progressive manager, who can lead a team of approximately 8 staff to contribute towards the company's economic, sustainability and social goals while supporting its strong values.
This would suit a highly driven hands-on manager who will be able to draw on their own proven experiences but is also open to the consideration of new ideas and technologies to get the best production outcomes.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the property's farming activities while having responsibility for the management of all resources.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years experience as a farm manager, in high rainfall country.
- Proven ability in planning, organising and executing farming programs.
- Experience in managing financial budgets including capital expenditure.
- Working understanding of feed budgeting and pasture management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to collaboratively work with others, and understand the importance the role that people make in running a successful business. You will be required to recruit, select, induct, train & develop staff and ensure their performance is maintained in line with key operational objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Open to the use of technological advancements to drive efficiencies.
- Commitment to a culture where policies and procedures prioritise worker health and safety.
- Commitment to personal and professional development.
The property will soon benefit from the construction of new sheep yards and in the planning stages of a new shearing shed over the next 12 months.
In addition to a market competitive base salary, we also provide:
- Fully expensed, recently refurbished, family accommodation (4 bedrooms)
- Access to local schools via school bus
- Free, unlimited WIFI
- Company ute with reasonable personal use
- Personal fuel allowance
- Working dog and mobile phone allowances
- Company laptop
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous company uniform allocation
- Additional co-contributory superannuation after 5 years service
- Admin and/or station work available for partner/spouse
Applications can be made to Aida Ashworth, People & Culture Manager, including a resume and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience.
**We will only accept applications from applicants who have current working rights in Australia. We cannot assist with visa or sponsorship applications**