Senior Station Hand - Livestock
Job type: Full-time
Applications close: 30th September, 2021
Due to a recent promotion, Ashmore Station is now looking for a Senior Station Hand - Livestock to join the team.
Ashmore is a 7,354ha property, located 10kms from Kingston SE and only a short drive to the popular seaside tourist town of Robe. Stocking 30,000 sheep, the property produces fine wool, prime lamb as well as having a 3000 head Angus dominated beef herd.
- Movement of livestock to paddocks and yards.
- Record accurate stock numbers.
- Manage the welfare of all stock according to company and industry guidelines.
- Implement animal husbandry programs.
- Inspect and report on livestock and pasture conditions.
- Maintain records using AgriWebb.
- Participate in all livestock processes including shearing, crutching, lamb marking.
- Maintain equipment, fences and water systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven time management and organisation skills.
- Proven professional standards of work and behaviour.
- Competently ride two-wheeled motorbikes.
- Own a team of efficient and effective working dogs.
- Commitment to a safe work environment and safe working practices on the job.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Fully expensed accommodation including all utilities is provided, suiting a single or couple. In addition we offer a market competitive salary, 20 days holidays, 17.5% annual leave loading, 10% superannuation, working dog allowance as wells as annual vaccinations and registrations for up to 2 dogs and training and development opportunities.
If you have the experience we're looking for please send your resume to Aida Ashworth, HR Business Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.