Property Location75km North East of Burra, South Australia
Company founder Mr AJ McBride Snr purchased the Faraway Hill pastoral lease from his father in 1902 prior to the company’s formation in 1920. Braemar, a perpetual lease was added in 1908 and since then other land has been added to the property to reach its present 1,312 square km.
Braemar station has good healthy bush country with water supply reliant on dam catchments. Although recent property purchases have allowed for a ground water reticulation system across the holding, dams still provide the main source of water.
In addition to a medium wool merino flock, Braemar has a number of South African Meat Merinos (SAMMs) which are a genuine dual purpose animal - producing spinnable wool fibre as well as high carcass weight lambs. Wild Australian bush goats are also harvested on the property.
The Faraway Hill Pastoral lease is part of the traditional lands of the Ngadjuri Nation. In 2005, AJ & PA McBride and the crown entered into the first Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA) in South Australia.
|Glen Corbin||1920-1929 (approx)|
Donations & Sponsorships
More properties in the North East Pastoral Region
Teetulpa is situated at the small Barrier Highway town of Yunta on the rangelands of the North East Pastoral district