Property LocationWoolumbool, 45km North West of Naracoorte, South Australia
Housing the company’s Merino Stud, Nepowie was purchased by the company in 1955. Continuous improvements have been made since then including the formation of shelter belts, clay spreading and drainage systems changed to ensure property is not continually flooded during winter. The property produces about 550 bales of Merino wool annually.
Purchased in 1955 as an unimproved block, Nepowie station was
initially run as an extension to the Ashmore holding. The property was
named after the Nepowie Creek, which ran through the company's former
Wooltana property near Copley.
Nepowie is located in the
Woolumbool/Keilira area 45km North West of Naracoorte and is 5,848ha,
having doubled in size in 2017 with the purchase of the adjoining Namala
Although the property has a commercial wool flock and beef herd, Nepowie is also home to two merino wool studs, all used to produce sires for internal and related party usage. The fine wool stud produces rams for the South Eastern Properties with an emphasis on micron reduction and fleece weight whilst producing an animal suited to the cold, wet winter conditions experienced on the properties. The medium wool stud, for the pastoral properties is focussed on producing an easy care sheep with well nourished wool to keep dust penetration to a minimum.
|Wally St John||1958-1988|
Donations & Sponsorships
Willalooka yard dog trials
AJ & PA McBride's Nepowie Station is pleased to sponsor the Willalooka SA yard dog trial and support the local community.
More properties in the South East South Australia Region
Located close to the coastal town of Kingston SE, Ashmore Station was the company's first South Eastern purchase in 1936.
Situated nearby the town of Lucindale, Brooklyn Station comprises a fine wool flock.
Located at Greenways on the Princes Highway, Konetta station produces fine wool, award winning prime lamb and beef.