Konetta Station straddles the Princes Highway at the crossroads between the towns of Millicent, Robe, Kingston SE and Lucindale in the lower South East of the state. The property was purchased by McBride in 1974 and has steadily grow since then to its current 7,380ha size, most recently in 2013 with the acquisition of Koniak, an adjoining property with extensive flood irrigation facilities. In 2011, a new 12 stand, raised board woolshed was constructed and now provides an education opportunity for improver shearers as part of TAFE.
The core enterprise of the property is a fine wool merino flock producing more that 1300 bales of wool per year. In addition, the property runs a Merino/Dorset crossbred prime lamb enterprise which provides a dual purpose of wool and meat. A beef herd is supplemented with a trading/finishing operation to better utilise the properties spring flush of pasture.
The property is relatively flat and is located in a high rainfall area. Although there are several drains across the property, the sheer quantity of winter rainfall can sometimes result in water inundation of paddocks. The property's operational programme has been tailored to ensure the welfare of livestock and their progeny.
|s199/200 Hd Smith||1986|
Donations & Sponsorships
More properties in the South East South Australia Region
Located close to the coastal town of Kingston SE, Ashmore Station was the company's first South Eastern purchase in 1936.
Situated nearby the town of Lucindale, Brooklyn Station comprises a fine wool flock.
Nepowie Station is home to the company's two internal merino studs.