Skip to main content

Yudnapinna

222.90 mm
Manager: James Gibson
224,000 Hectares
Enterprises

Acquired in 2016, Yudnapinna Station, located 80km north west of Port Augusta is the company's most recent pastoral acquisition.

Property Location

Situated approximately 80 kilometres north-west of Port Augusta.
View on Google Maps

Situated west of the Stuart highway about halfway between Port Augusta and Woomera, Yudnapinna can trace its pastoral origins to mid nineteenth century. The property was established by Thomas McTurk Gibson and was one of the largest sheep stations in South Australia, with peak shearing of 100,000 sheep in the 1850s.

Purchased by McBride in 2016, the property is currently 224,293 ha and has a maximum stocking level of 29,000 sheep, although dry conditions since acquisition have meant that current stocking levels are closer to half of the maximum.

Yudnapinna has water supply sourced from 11 major dams, 6 wells and 3 bores and is connected throughout the property. The northern part of the property also has a connection to mains water from the Woomera pipeline.

Property managers
ManagerTenure
James Gibson
2016-Current

Donations & Sponsorships

  • Glendambo Gymkhana

    AJ & PA McBride's North Well, Wilgena and Yudnapinna Stations are pleased to sponsor the Glendambo Races and support the local community.

    Read more

More properties in the North West Pastoral Region

Wilgena

Located near the railway town of Tarcoola, Wilgena is the company's largest property by area.

North Well

The eastern and southern portion of the company's Wilgena pastoral lease.

Get in touch

Head Office
Level 1, 165 Grenfell St
Adelaide SA 5000

Postal Address
GPO Box 649
Adelaide SA 5001

P 08 8272 1612 / F 08 8272 4119
E admin@mcbride.com.au